| ThE HiStOrY | CoOl FaCtS | NeAt PlAcEs | MaPs |

Pixieland Park
Concord, CA

Pixieland Amusement Park has been providing fun and enchantment for generations of children in the Concord area for over 40 years.

The magic began in the late 1950's when toy store owner Norman Rosenburg built the original park next to his store at the eastern end of the Park and Shop lot. Naming it King Norman's Wonderland, the park began with a merry-go-round, a train, a ferris wheel and miniature cars, which required a driver's license issued by the park.

The Wonderland enchanted children until 1965, when it was removed due to an expansion of the shopping center.

Bill Edwards, an employee of the original park, decided to keep the magic alive and purchased the rides when it closed. He moved them to Oakland for a brief period, but soon returned to Willow Pass Park in 1970, where Pixieplayland, (it's original name), has been ever since. Bill maintained the magic until 1989, when he retired.

The City of Concord purchased several rides and turned the operation of the park over to Sam Johnston in May 1990. The park was renovated in 1995.

5 years later it was sold to the current owner, Jeff Warrenburg. With meticulous attention to detail and safety, Jeff has ensured that Pixieland will remain a Concord tradition for years to come.

We hope you'll share in our tradition and make some memories that will last a lifetime.

No Photo Available

| Back to Attractions |